Time of the funeral is indeed a time of sorrow and emotion, Here below are a list of “Catholic bible verses for funerals for mother” for Funeral scriptures for a mother or woman.
The verses below are the uplifting bible verses for funerals to strengthen you and give you peace.
When you mourn for your mother, it is the best decision to read the scriptures that give you heavenly peace by letting you know that there is always hope with the Lord.
Indeed the mother is one of the most precious people and losing her is an irreplaceable loss. But during this time of mourning and feeling of loss the God’s Word will certainly give you hope, strength and peace to proceed ahead.
Bible verses for funerals for mother new testament, Proverbs
“Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her. Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the Lord , she shall be praised. Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates”
“The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death”
“For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord”
“Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths”
2 Corinthians 1:3-4
“Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God”
“Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted”
“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also”
“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away”
“A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity”
“Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come”
What does the Bible say about comfort for the loss of a mother
- God’s Presence in Times of Sorrow: Psalm 34:18 “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit.” This verse reminds us that God is near to those who are mourning, offering His comforting presence during times of grief.
- The Lord as a Loving Mother: Isaiah 66:13 portrays God’s compassionate nature, “As a mother comforts her child, so will I comfort you.” This passage reflects God’s tender care and reassures us that He understands the depths of our sorrow.
- Casting Our Burdens on God: In times of grief, we can find relief in giving our burdens to the Lord. 1 Peter 5:7 “Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you.” God invites us to share our pain and sorrow with Him, knowing that He cares deeply for each one of us.
- The Promise of Eternal Life: For believers in Christ, there is hope beyond the pain of loss. In John 11:25-26 “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die.” This assurance of eternal life provides comfort and peace for those grieving the loss of a Christian mother.
- God’s Comfort through His Word: Romans 15:4 “For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide, we might have hope.” The Bible serves as a source of comfort and hope during times of loss, offering wisdom and encouragement to help us navigate grief.
- The Gift of Peace: Jesus said in John 14:27 “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” In the midst of loss, God offers a peace that surpasses understanding to comfort and calm our hearts.
- God’s Promise of Comfort: In Isaiah 41:10 the Lord says, “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” God promises to be our strength and support during times of grief, providing comfort when we feel overwhelmed.
- The loss of a mother can be an incredibly challenging experience, but the Bible offers a source of comfort and hope to those who are mourning. God’s Word assures us of His presence, love, and compassion during times of sorrow. As we turn to Him, we find comfort in the promise of eternal life and the peace that comes from trusting in His care. May the truths found in God’s Word bring healing and comfort to those who have lost their mothers, reminding them that they are not alone in their grief and that God is the ultimate source of strength and solace.
- By the way, there is nothing like mother in this world, no one else can love as much as mother loves and mother is the one who gives us everything on time and fulfills everything for us on time. because mother The one who can never see the sorrow of her children, nor does she allow them to be sad; Never fight with your parents under someone’s pretext, oh our mother, mother is a sweetheart and there can be no one like mother in this world, so we should love mother very much and always ask mother’s wish. What is needed, what is needed, a child will always love the parents, no matter what the parents are, you love your mother a lot, who can love as much as a mother, the world is the mother who wants our good and no one else.
- If God wants, then we should do as our mother tells us to obey our mother in life, it is to please God that we obey our mother and father, this word tells what is written in the Bible, Mother Father’s child is left who believes, that’s why we should always stay close to mother and love mother, never talk to mother by doing you, never talk in such a way that hurts mother, hurts mother But never love your mother, the more you love your mother, the better it will be for you.