- God Sees Our Tears: A Source of Comfort and Hope
- Life’s journey often takes us through valleys of pain, sorrow, and uncertainty. In these moments of vulnerability, the Bible offers a message of solace and reassurance: God sees our tears. Our tears are not unnoticed or insignificant to Him; they are a testament to His compassion and presence in our lives. Let’s explore this heartwarming truth through Scripture.
- God’s Intimate Awareness:
- Record my misery; list my tears on your scroll— are they not in your record Our tears are not fleeting; they are documented in God’s eternal record, signifying His intimate knowledge of our pain.
- Divine Nearness in Sorrow:
- The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. In our moments of brokenness, God draws near. He is a present comforter to those who are hurting.
- Promise of Restoration:
- He will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign Lord will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people’s disgrace from all the earth. The Lord has spoken. God’s plan extends beyond our tears. He promises ultimate restoration, wiping away our tears and bringing an end to suffering.
What Scripture talks about tears prayers
- These verses emphasize the intimate connection between tears, prayers, and God’s response to the cries of His people. They remind us of the power and significance of seeking God in times of distress and the assurance that He hears and responds to our heartfelt prayers.
“Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared”
“Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the Lord , the God of David thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I will add unto thy days fifteen years”
“Thus saith the Lord ; Refrain thy voice from weeping, and thine eyes from tears: for thy work shall be rewarded, saith the Lord ; and they shall come again from the land of the enemy. And there is hope in thine end, saith the Lord , that thy children shall come again to their own border”
“Hear my prayer, O Lord , and let my cry come unto thee. Hide not thy face from me in the day when I am in trouble; incline thine ear unto me: in the day when I call answer me speedily”
“Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Elias was a man subject to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not rain: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three years and six months. And he prayed again, and the heaven gave rain, and the earth brought forth her fruit”
“I love the Lord , because he hath heard my voice and my supplications. Because he hath inclined his ear unto me, therefore will I call upon him as long as I live”
“Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into thy bottle: are they not in thy book? When I cry unto thee, then shall mine enemies turn back: this I know; for God is for me. In God will I praise his word: in the Lord will I praise his word. In God have I put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me”
“They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him”
“I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears. Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies. Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping. The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer”
“Hear my prayer, O Lord , and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were. O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more”
Where in the Bible does it say God has seen your tears
- Life is a journey filled with moments of joy and challenges, victories and struggles. In the midst of these experiences, there are times when our hearts are heavy, and tears flow freely. During such moments, the Bible offers a comforting truth: God sees our tears. Although the precise phrase “God has seen your tears” may not appear verbatim in Scripture, the message is woven throughout the Bible, assuring us of God’s compassionate presence in our moments of vulnerability.
- Genesis 21:17-19 = God heard the boy crying, and the angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, ‘What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there. Lift the boy up and take him by the hand, for I will make him into a great nation. God hears the cries of Hagar’s son Ishmael and reassures Hagar that He has heard his cries. While not explicitly mentioning tears, it illustrates God’s awareness of the situation and His compassionate response.
- Tears in Prayer:
- Psalm 39:12= Hear my prayer, Lord, listen to my cry for help; do not be deaf to my weeping.”
- Our tears become a part of our prayers, expressing emotions that words alone cannot convey.
- Psalm 126:5-6= Those who sow with tears will reap with songs of joy. Those who go out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with them.”
- Tears can be seeds of transformation. God promises that sorrow can lead to unexpected joy and abundance.
- 2 Kings 20:5 = Go back and tell Hezekiah, the ruler of my people, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. Hezekiah’s prayer for healing, God tells him that He has heard his prayer and seen his tears. This verse emphasizes God’s attentive response to both prayer and emotional expression.
- God sees tears but do you tell your condition to God because if you keep on crying and don’t tell your condition to God what situation you are going through then God can do nothing but if you God can do many things for you because God is a gentle God, he will never force his will on man, remember God always wants everyone to be happy, but if you don’t come to God, you will cry. and there will never be peace in your life if you want to be happy forever then definitely go to God and tell your whole situation to God and he will do some solution and God will fix everything